In this simple tutorial I will show you a very simple yet effective method on how to convert a portable Prezi .EXE file into a .PEZ file that can be edited in Prezi Desktop (What is portable Prezi?)
NB: For this to work you will need to use a file archiving software. The functionality of file archiving is already built-in all popular operating systems, however I will be using a tool called WinRAR, which has a simple user interface and is very easy to use. The conversion can also be done using the built-in tools or any other archiving software, as long as you follow the important step nr 4
1) Unzip your portable Prezi
2) Navigate into the Content folder
3) Rename folder data to prezi
4) Use your favorite file compressing tool and add the folder to archive. Important: Choose archive format ZIP and compression method Store. This means you will be creating a file that is not compressed and only stored as a zip file.
5) Rename the newly created file prezi.zip to prezi.pez
6) That’s it – the pez file can now be opened in Prezi Desktop. The Prezi will not have a thumbnail at first, but it can still be opened, edited and presented normally.
Is it really this simple? Watch the video: